CRIMINAL HARASSMENT LAWYERS | BRAMPTON CRIMINAL LAWYERS
You can trust our Criminal Harassment lawyers at Hundal Law Firm in Brampton to help you save your outlook against baseless allegations. We are a trusted law firm in Brampton pioneering in criminal law.
264. (1) No person shall, without lawful authority and knowing that another person is harassed or recklessly as to whether the other person is harassed, engage in conduct referred to in subsection (2) that causes that other person reasonably, in all the circumstances, to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone known to them.
(2) The conduct mentioned in subsection (1) consists of
(a) repeatedly following from place to place the other person or anyone known to them;
(b) repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or anyone known to them;
(c) besetting or watching the dwelling-house, or place where the other person, or anyone known to them, resides, works, carries on business or
happens to be; or
(d) engaging in threatening conduct directed at the other person or any member of their family.
Proof of the Offence
1. identity of accused
2. date and time of incident
3. jurisdiction (incl. region and province)
4. the accused has engaged in the conduct set out in s. 264(2)(a), (b), (c) or (d) of the Criminal Code;
5. the complainant was harassed by the conduct.
6. the accused, who engaged in such conduct, knew that the complainant was harassed or was reckless or wilfully blind as to whether the complainant
7. the conduct caused the complainant to fear for her safety or the safety of anyone known to her; and
8. the complainant’s fear was, in all the circumstances, reasonable.
Please contact Hundal law firm for consultation of criminal negligence charges.