FRAUD DEFENSE LAWYERS | CRIMINAL LAWYERS BRAMPTON
Hire our fraud Defense lawyers and sleep with a peace of mind. Hundal Law firm Brampton has been a towering presence in criminal defense cases . We provide our services to help clients from potentially defaming situations be presenting facts and non-dismissible arguments.
380. (1) Every one who, by deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means, whether or not it is a false pretence within the meaning of this Act, defrauds the public or any person, whether ascertained or not, of any property, money or valuable security or any service,
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a term of imprisonment not exceeding fourteen years, where the subject-matter of
the offence is a testamentary instrument or the value of the subject-matter of the offence exceeds five thousand dollars; or
(b) is guilty
(i) of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or
(ii) of an offence punishable on summary conviction,
where the value of the subject-matter of the offence does not exceed five thousand dollars.
Proof of Offence
1. identity of accused
2. date and time of incident
3. jurisdiction (incl. region and province)
4. that the complainant owned something of value (property, money, valuable security, or a service)
5. that the accused deprived the complainant of something of value or was put at risk of losing something of value
6. the ownership, value and continuity of the property, money, or service, including whether it is over $5,000 (for 380(a)) or
under $5,000 (for 380(b)) -- call witness or file documents in accordance with s. 491.2 and s. 657.1).
7. that the deprivation must have been caused by deceit, falsehood, or other fraudulent means; (see Canadian
8. the accused intended to defraud the complainant or had knowledge that the conduct could result in deprivation
Please contact Hundal law firm for consultation for Weapons & Guns Charges Defense.