THREATS LAWYERS | CRIMINAL LAWYERS BRAMPTON
Our Threat defense lawyers at Hundal Law firm Brampton are experts in numerous verticals of law. We actively help you to resolve the issues raised by outside parties. Our discreet services ensure that your professional outlook isn’t tarnished from allegations.
264.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat
(a) to cause death or bodily harm to any person;
(b) to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or
(c) to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person.
Proof of Offence
The crown should establish the following:
1. identity of accused
2. date and time of incident
3. jurisdiction (incl. region and province)
4. the accused uttered words;
5. that words conveyed a threat to:
1. cause death or serious bodily harm to a person,
2. burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or
3. kill, poison, or injure an animal that is the property of any person.
6. the accused demeanour as the words were being said;
7. the words were meant to be taken seriously as a threat
8. the method by which threat was conveyed;
9. a person received the threat;
10. motivation for threat;
11. the effect the words had on the recipient.
Hundal law firm also provides consultation for other criminal matters such as Weapons & Guns Charges in Brampton.