WEAPONS & GUNS LAWYERS | BRAMPTON CRIMINAL LAWYERS
Weapons & Guns Defense Lawyers from Hundal Law firm Brampton are trained to find success in even the toughest of criminal cases. We are resourceful and research heavy, making each one of our arguments in court to have maximum impact.
88. (1) Every person commits an offence who carries or possesses a weapon, an imitation of a weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition for a purpose dangerous to the public peace or for the purpose of committing an offence.
Proof of the Offence
Including the elements of time and date, jurisdiction, and identity, the crown must prove:
1. that the object was in the possession of the accused,
2. that the object was a weapon as defined in the Criminal Code, and
3. that the purpose for which the respondent had possession was one which was dangerous to the public peace
4. that there was a danger to the public peace
5. continuity of the object
6. the object was filed as an exhibit
a starting pistol is an imitation of a weapon.
pellet gun not necessarily a weapon
Under the Ontario Prohibited Weapons Order in Ontrio No.8 SOR/79-583, brass knuckles are classified as prohibited.
The crown must prove that the holder of the brass knuckles used or intended to use the item to cause death or injury to persons or intended to use for threats or intimidation.
The intent must be proven subjectively and objectively.
Where a knife is used to intimidate, it becomes a weapon.
In certain courts, bear spray has been established as a weapon. It is usually necessary to have forensic expert testimony.
A broken piece of glass can be a weapon.
A vehicle can be a weapon.
Please contact Hundal law firm for consultation for Robbery charges in Brampton.